Renovating your website and making it the best it can be does not have to be a time consuming process. Here are a few ways in which you can quickly make your website just a bit better for business. You can make your website more effective and user friendly in just a week and consumers will be less likely to leave your website before making business with you.
1. Make sure your graphics are to date and high quality. Hire a photographer to help your product pictures look professional. Also be sure that you are using alt tags, so search engines will find your images. Your photos should also be optimized so that they will load quickly for visitors.
2.Writing an article about your expertise can help your name get around. Post it on your website as well as to an article directory on-line, such as Ezine articles. You might be surprised, articles can really get around this way.
3.Read up on SEO tips to help optimize your website to be on the top of the search results when a consumer looks for your service. Customers will find you!
4. Change up your layout from tables to CSS, or Cascading Style Sheets. If you do not know how to use CSS, it might take a little time to figure out how to make it exactly how you picture it, though it will be worth it. You will be able to do more with your design, and you will be more easily found by search engines, as there is much less code involved. Pages that are designed with CSS will also load faster. When the website loads quickly, consumers will not get impatient as they would with slow loading pages.
5. Be sure that your website is easy to navigate. Ask a friend to tell you if it is easy to get through your website when they are seeing it for the first time. Customers might get impatient if they get “lost” on your website and will move on to a different search result.
6. Check all of your links to make sure they are not broken. Naturally, this will drive someone away very quickly.
7. Do not fill up your website with meaningless content. The customer will not like to have to look through a lot of content to find what they are looking for.
8. Add some testimonials. People always use the Internet to find out if services are good, and if you have good reviews, customers will trust you more quickly.
9. Social networks are very useful to businesses, even small, local ones. A Facebook fan page will help you add updates for “fans” of your business. You can also add your blog to your Facebook fan page. Web contests will also help you spread the word.
10. Add an “about us” page on your website so people can read the story of your business.